Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Raspberry Dessert Topping


This is one of those recipes that I use over and over again to jazz up a simple layer cake or a pan of brownies. When I use it on a layer cake, I do not bother to frost the sides, just the middle and the top. And, I like that I don’t have to dirty my mixer to make it. The topping pictured above is made with regular raspberry jam; however, it looks pretty with seedless raspberry jam too. And sometimes I use white chocolate curls instead of dark chocolate. It looks like snow on the top of the dessert.

Raspberry Dessert Topping

8oz. block cream cheese, softened
½ cup raspberry jam
½ cup powdered sugar

Whisk together all three ingredients. Spread over cooled cake or brownies. Top with chocolate curls if desired.

This post has been linked to The Thrifty Home: Penny Pinching Party.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.



    Gourmet Secrets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I try to publish posts Monday through Friday, so that there is always something new. Let me know if you decide to try one of the recipes that you find here. I'd love to know what you think.

      Delete
  2. Great blog! The information you provide is quiet helpful, why I was not able to find it earlier. Anyways I’ve subscribed to your feeds, keep the good work up



    Gourmet Secrets Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...