Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bean Dip


We are diligently eating up the last of our food in order to be ready for our big move. Right now I am focusing on freezer and refrigerator foods. I have had 3 jars of home cooked pinto beans sitting around for a while, so I decided to try making a simple, layered bean dip for our Friday Night Movie Night. We liked it so much that we have eaten it twice now. I am so glad that I experimented in the kitchen!

Bean Dip

2 cups pinto beans, drained
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. garlic powder

¼ tsp. cumin
Salt to taste
1 cup sour cream
Banana peppers, jalapeƱos, or green chilies
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Tortilla Chips

Pour beans into a pie plate. Add chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Mash beans with a fork, stirring to combine the seasonings. Evenly spread the beans over the bottom of the pie plate. Spread sour cream on top of beans. Top with peppers. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

This post has been linked to Try New Adventures Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I just finished working out, and this sounds FABULOUS! I think I have all of the ingredients, except chips, so we might have to try this soon. :) Thanks Alison! And thanks for linking up to TNAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...