Monday, June 4, 2012

One Timers

The term “One Timer” comes from my husband’s aunt. It refers to a recipe that just didn’t live up to expectation. A recipe that was passable to eat, but will not be made again. In the blogging world it can sometimes be perceived that the author is perfect. I can assure you that nothing could be farther from the truth. Here at the You Can Make That test kitchen (aka my home), please know that I have my share of failures. Sometimes my pictures turn out so poorly that you can’t tell what the food item is. Sometimes my kitchen is such a disaster that I have to put my plate of food on the floor to take a picture of it. Other times, I try something new only to find out that my family thinks that it is a “one timer.”

So, today, in an effort to be totally real with you, I am going to show you two recipes that we tried and decided that we will NOT eat again. Neither of these were disgusting, just not to our liking.

Below is Tuscan Tomato Bread Soup. It tasted like eating a bowl of spaghetti sauce. We ate it, but wished we had served it over pasta instead.


And these are homemade Cheesy Crackers. My kids absolutely adore the Wheat Crackers that I make, so I thought that these might be nice for a change. Only one of my kids would eat these, and even then he didn't love them. I think that he just was trying to be nice.


All of this to say, don't get discouraged in the kitchen! Keep trying, you are bound to find a few keepers that were worth the effort along the way.

This post has been linked to Mop It Up Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...