Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We Have No A/C

Our air conditioning has been out for two days now. So, with temperatures at 95-100˚ every day, our house is hot. Thankfully, we had some thunderstorms last night to cool things off a bit. As a result, I have been keeping the cooking to a minimum. I certainly do not want to add any more heat to our house.

After having had a broken oven for two weeks, and now this, it seems like I am becoming a pro at improvising. It would be easy to just stock up on convenience foods when something like this happens, or head straight to a restaurant for our meals. But, as I have told you before, I find is somewhat enjoyable to stretch my mind and cook creatively.

Over the last couple of days I have…

… pulled some Seasoned Brown Rice out of my freezer for a quick side dish.


… made Nut Free Trail Mix for the kid’s lunches instead of the Granola Bars that I had planned to make.


… served leftovers and cleared out our refrigerator. We polished off some slow cooker chicken, pan seared pork chops, and Ranch Dip with veggies.


Doing all of these frugal things helped to keep me on track with our grocery budget. And, hopefully, our A/C will be fixed today and we’ll be back to normal again!

This post has been linked to Frugal Tuesday Tip.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got your AC fixed, that would be miserable long term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long after I published this post, our A/C was fixed. Yeah!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...