Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Banana Muffins


My kids love chocolate in the morning: chocolate waffles, chocolate oatmeal, and these chocolate banana muffins. They are just a variation of my basic muffin recipe and they are pretty enough to be served to company. Plus, they make use of bananas that might otherwise go to waste. 

Chocolate Banana Muffins

¼ cup melted butter
½ cup raw sugar
¾ cup milk
1 egg
1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 over-ripe, mashed bananas
Mini chocolate chips, optional

In a mixing bowl melt butter in microwave. Add sugar, milk and egg. Stir to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir just until moistened. Add bananas. Scoop into a greased muffin pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Yield: 12 muffins

This post has been linked to Frugal Tuesday Tip.

4 comments:

  1. I made these yesterday & what a hit with my family! I'll always on the lookout for new recipes to use old bananas. Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you and your family liked them. I love baking with bananas too.

      Delete
  2. They sound really yummy. I have sometimes put mashed banana in pancake batter. Maybe I'll try chocolate chips too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love putting banana in pancake batter. My kids like chocolate chips too. But, usually I sprinkle the chips onto the individual pancakes before flipping. This way not everyone has to have chocolate chips if they don't want them. Thanks for stopping by You Can Make That!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...