Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sausage and Rice Casserole


This is a comfort food recipe that my husband especially loves. He was out of town for several days last week and I made this for him when he got home. He was pleased and said, “Now, this is a recipe to come home to!” I like to use homemade pork sausage and seasoned brown rice from my freezer, but it still works well with purchased sausage and a boxed rice mix. And, this is one recipe that all of my kids will gobble up gladly.

Sausage and Rice Casserole

1 lb. ground pork sausage, browned
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cooked seasoned rice (or 6oz. pkg. instant long grain and wild rice mix, prepared)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Stir together pork sausage and sour cream. In a casserole dish, layer half of the rice, half of the meat mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Trying this today hope its delicious!! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really love this simple recipe, I hope that you do too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...