Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ham and Cheese Rolls


It is the end of the school year and my kids are getting tired of our typical lunchbox routine.  I have been trying to mix it up by sending crumpets or pizza rolls instead of sandwiches. However, I am still hearing complaints. So, I tried something different with my artisan bread dough: Ham and Cheese Rolls. I made them just like the pizza rolls, only I used ham and cheddar cheese instead of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. The kids liked them and were happy about their new lunchbox treat. Another crisis averted!

Recipe Note: I make my dough using half white whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour. You can find the Master Recipe for artisan bread dough, along with an instructional video, here.

Ham and Cheese Rolls

2 lbs. artisan bread dough
4 slices deli ham, cut into 24 pieces
24 nickel sized pieces of cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. melted butter

Divide dough into 24 pieces. Using your hands, flatten each piece of dough into a circle that is the size of your palm. Place cheese in the center of the dough and top with ham. Fold the dough up over the cheese and ham, pinching the seams to form a seal. Place, seam side down, in a greased 9X13 pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Let rest 30 minutes. Bake at 400˚ for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Serve immediately.

This post has been linked to Try New Adventures Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I want to try that artisan bread soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artisan bread dough is so simple to make, you will love it! Plus, your little one can help you make the rolls.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...