Thursday, May 17, 2012

Muesli


While living in Germany, my husband fell in love with Muesli. It was an inexpensive breakfast or snack. However, when we moved back home, we found that Muesli was very expensive. So, it became a rare treat. When I started thinking about birthday gift ideas for my husband, Muesli was one of the first things that came to mind. I did some online research and made a list of ingredients that I remembered to be in the Muesli that he loved so much and I came up with this recipe. When I put it together, I made myself a bowl right away to taste it. Well, I ate two bowls full and decided to make another batch because I knew that my husband would devour it in no time flat.  And, I was right. He enjoyed it so much that I have made yet another batch since then.

Muesli

4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups unsweetened puffed wheat
½ cup sliced raw almonds
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup flax seeds
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup raisins
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup dried chopped dates

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups. Serve as a cold cereal with milk, or over yogurt.

This post has been linked to Try New Adventures Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I've wanted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous of your ability to begin gardening. We are moving in 4 weeks and I'm not so sure how that will work out for me this year. I am looking forward to planting some herbs though. We'll see what else I can get started so late in the season.

      Delete
  2. This looks soo yummy, can't wait to try it! You got a new background, right? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am so wowed by your home birth experience. All three of my kids were born by c-section. Congrats on your new little one!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...