Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Ice Cream


We are home from school again for the third day in a row. I think that I am starting to get a little stir crazy. But, my kids are thrilled to be home to play in the snow another day. Yesterday I mentioned to my neighbor that I planned to try out a recipe for Snow Ice Cream that I had seen floating around on Facebook. He said to me, “I was always told, don't eat the first snow.” I grew up in Maine and I had never heard this before. But, yesterday afternoon when I spoke to my Aunt Shirley, who lives in Deleware, she said the same thing. So I did an internet search on it. Some people say that the first snow contains lots of germs, etc. However, I wasn't able to find any real proof of this.

We made the Snow Ice Cream anyway and we all loved it. We just stirred together the ingredients with a spoon and ate it immediately. I have a feeling my kids will want to make it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...