Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day!

My three kids along with one of their best buddies.

Snow is rare in North Carolina. So, when there is a prediction of a flurry, people get excited. So excited in fact that yesterday school was cancelled without a flurry in sight! Very disappointing. However, we woke up this morning to a blanket of snow and thankfully our second day off is justified. 

My kids wanted to go outside immediately this morning, but I insisted on breakfast first. I put some Mandarin Muffins in the oven, and while they baked, we gathered together all of our winter gear. Sadly, only my two younger kids had the correct clothing, but this didn't stop my oldest from going out to play. (She is hot natured at least.) 
 
Over breakfast, I learned that my son got up in the middle of the night and looked out the window and saw all the snow. He then woke up the girls to show them too. All of this happened while I was sound asleep!

I anticipate a day filled with outdoor play and hot cocoa. And, that sounds just about perfect to me. 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...