Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is by far my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and the one that I told you about a few days ago. I photo copied it out of a book several years ago, but I did not make note of the name of the book. The paragraph written about the cookies along side the recipe claims that this is the original “Neiman Marcus” recipe. But, I'm not sure that this is true since I have tried other recipes that have been quite different from this one over the years that have claimed the same thing. 

I think that the reason I adore this recipe so much is that it has a slight coffee flavor. I am a huge coffee lover and coffee flavored desserts, ice creams, and baked goods are my weakness.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ tsp. instant coffee powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla, and coffee powder. Mix until fully combined. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Once dry ingredients are incorporated, stir in chocolate chips. Drop onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375ยบ for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Then, move cookies to a cooling rack. Yield: 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...